Virgin Media TiVo offers and offers
What is Virgin Media TiVo?
With one of these babies, you can record (up to 250 hours of standard definition on 500GB or 500 hours on 1TB), pause and rewind live TV, and explore its apps and features. to discover new things to watch. It’s also HD and 3D ready, so you can watch these Hollywood blockbusters as they are meant to be seen.
Of course, the Virgin TiVo isn’t the only set-top box that allows recording – YouView, Sky, Freeview and many others let you do that, too. While a TiVo subscription might cost a bit more than YouView or Freeview, you do get some great extra features. There is a series link, which allows you to record a whole series of a show with just the push of a button; Wish list, where you can write down the programs you don’t want to miss in the future; an app for your phone, tablet or computer so you can set things to save wherever you are; and tons more. There is even an “ undelete ” feature to recover any recordings you accidentally delete.
You also have plenty of ways to find new TV shows and movies to watch. A key feature of TiVo is the “ suggestions ” – where the smart technology in your box will guess what else you might be enjoying, based on what you’ve already watched and recorded. To help it, there are handy “thumbs up” and “thumbs down” buttons on your remote to tell TiVo what you do and what you don’t like.
When you’re not sure what to watch, you can take a look at the find bar at the top of the home screen, browse Virgin Media’s collections and pick of the week, or search the TV guide by title, actor, director. , genre and Suite. This will search for your on-demand libraries as well as your live channels, so if there’s a way to watch something with Hugh Jackman in it – trust us, TiVo will find it.
Go out for a more modern V6 box, and you’ll get even more features. For starters, there’s a full search feature, which searches not only the TV guide, but also your recordings, catch-up services, and Netflix to find the show you’re looking for. It also has more tuners so you can record up to six shows at a time, it works faster, and it’s 4K ready.
When you sign up for a package, you can choose which box you get and add more if you want to watch TV in multiple rooms. It will cost an additional monthly fee to do this, but if you have a large family of TV fans, it is well worth it. For some channels and apps, you can even pause what you’re watching in one room and resume in another.
What channels can I get?
The channels you get with your TiVo depend on the TV package you subscribed to – and it can vary from 70 to 240 channels. Take a look at our guide to Virgin Media TV channels to see what you can get.
Besides channels, TiVo also offers a plethora of on-demand content – but keep in mind that not everything is available with every TV package. There are seven days of catch-up with services like BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD, as well as plenty of on-demand shows. You will also get Virgin Movies and thousands of music videos and concerts on demand.
And if that’s not enough, there are also a bunch of apps. If you have a Netflix subscription, you can go online and watch Breaking Bad, Daredevil, and Orange is the New Black right on your TV. There is also Hayu, YouTube, iPlayer, Spotify for listening to music and the red button for additional content on channels like the BBC.
What’s good about Virgin Media TiVo?
- Record hundreds of hours of TV and create personal show box sets with a link to the series
- Can pause and rewind live TV
- Lots of ways to discover new shows through suggestions, searches, and apps like Netflix and iPlayer
- Wide range of retrofit televisions and boxes on demand
- More features and content than other set-top boxes
- Virgin TV Anywhere app lets you access on-demand TV anywhere from any device
- Has its own 10MB broadband connection via Virgin Media cables, separate from your home broadband – so it won’t slow you down or use your download limit
- Several TV packages to choose from and one of the UK’s most comprehensive TV services
- Can set recordings and manage your TV library remotely using a web browser or smartphone app
- Record up to three shows at once
- HD ready
What’s Wrong with Virgin Media TiVo?
- Not available everywhere – use our postcode checker to see if you can get Virgin Media TV in your area
- Expensive compared to other subscription TV services
- TiVo interface is a bit clunky, can be slow, and sometimes has bugs
- Not all boxes and features are available with every TV package
- Expensive installation fees may apply, especially if you opt for a V6 box
- TV packages aren’t very flexible so you might have to shell out a lot more to get the channels you want
What else can I get from Virgin Media?
Find out more about what Virgin Media has to offer: