Compare the telephony offers with Asda contract
This is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) that relies on EE’s network – so there is fantastic national coverage and mobile internet in the form of 4G.
Asda Mobile pricing
All Asda Mobile plans are chargeable and only on SIM card. You can grab your initial SIM card for free and stick it into any handset of your choice – standard, micro, and nano SIM cards are all available. Tariffs on calls, SMS and data are offered at fairly competitive prices, true to Asda’s “smart pricing” philosophy.
You can also buy 30-day plans, which give you a set of minutes, texts, and data to use during that time. Their prices range from £ 5 to £ 25, so there’s bound to be one that’s right for you – they even include data-only plans. If you think getting a monthly plan is your best bet, you can even set them to renew automatically after 30 days have passed.
On top of that, Asda Mobile doesn’t offer any type of monthly contract – all you can get is pay as you go. This means that there is also no contract on the handsets, although you can buy one to buy it directly from some Asda stores across the country and get your free SIM card with it.
Asda Mobile Coverage
As Asda Mobile uses the EE network, the coverage is very good, covering 99% of the UK population including 3G and 4G.
Of course, the coverage is still patchy in places, so always take a look at a coverage checker to make sure you will be able to get a signal in any areas you frequent.
Read our guide to learn more about mobile coverage.
What’s good about Asda Mobile?
- Focuses on simplicity and affordability, with great rates on SMS and minutes
- Free SIM card when you register
- Because it uses EE, the cover is shiny
- 30-day packages give you better value for money and can be renewed automatically
- Pay as you go gives you flexibility and is perfect for light users
- SIM only means you can have just about any handset you want
- A credit check is not necessary – ideal if you have a bad credit history
What’s wrong with Asda Mobile?
- Handsets are only available for purchase and the range in Asda stores is limited
- Virtually nothing in terms of extras – you won’t find priority tickets or free access to the Wi-Fi hotspot here